Friday 22 February 2013

Sunset, Crochet Squares and Fish

My holiday destination.....
 
 
A few clues.......... 
 
 
 A Sunset at 6.30pm......



Palm trees and blue skies.......



Crochet on the beach......


I made quite a few squares.......


 
The stunning east coast......


......and the best fish market.......


It is thought that this destination's original name meant 'Red land with white teeth'...
 
and...
 
Camouflage clothing is banned!
 
 
Have you guessed yet?
 
Maggie xx
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Yay for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Do I recognise that East coast? This is the island where I was born and spent my childhood! My Mum and Dad sailed across the Atlantic in the 1950's to this island and my Dad made the place "liveable!" for his family! BARBADOS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Bebby! Yes we went to Barbados! How wonderful that you lived there. And your father sailing across the Atlantic ....wow! I would love to see any photos of when you were there. There are still lots of places we didn't manage to visit so we're going to have to go back again! Maggie xx

      Delete
    2. My parents went across in a small boat and the event was covered on the BBC by Fyffe Robertson. When they reached Barbados, my Dad broke up the boat, walked into a bar on the beach for a beer, and got himself a job fixing up the Power Station, with a flat thrown in, where George Washington earlier stayed. I will certainly look out some photos and send to you!

      Delete
  3. Hi
    when you have a minute pop into my blog there is a little something there for you.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you!