Sunday 22 April 2012

Spencer's Sunday Hat and CAL update

I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post!

I've had such a lovely week :)

 My son Will came to stay and it was wonderful to spend time with him.
Lots of puppy walking, Guitar Hero (me on drums), eating out, cinema and chatting - just great :)

This photo sums up the weather we've been having here with blue skies and white clouds in one half of the sky and threatening black clouds in the other half.
We've been lucky to get out for a walk without getting rained on.
But never mind, a bit of rain never hurt and Spencer doesn't mind ;)


A couple of days ago, after seeing his Dad wearing a hat in a rain shower, Spencer decided he would like to wear a hat (just for fun and just for a few seconds)....
he looked so cute.....

So now we have 'Spencer's Sunday Hats'!

 This will be a regular feature on my blog with the cutest pupster around donning a different hat each time :)

So here it is.......

the first of many.....

'Spencer's Sunday Hats'.....

The Tilley Hat.....


He's needed this hat with all the sunshine and showers we've been having round here...:)


Cute eh?.....

Ok... enough of cute pupsterness....

Let's talk crochet...

I've really been enjoying my CAL projects...

So good to pick one up when watching a bit of TV (I'm always addicted to the Apprentice when it comes round each year)...

I have made it to the penultimate round of my Wool-eater Blanket....


A gorgeous emerald green.....

I love the way that when I add a colour, the look changes....



My festival granny poncho is growing....

This wool is so pretty...

All my favourite colours all combined together :)



And last night I completed 6 roses for the Granny Rose Cushion.....

Once I got the hang of them, I was surprised at how quick they are to make...


Here are the links for each CAL:

Wool-eater blanket - Sarah London's wonderful blog here.

Granny Poncho - Sucrette's lovely blog here.

Granny Rose Cushion - Astri's fabulous blog here.


If you've been following my blog for a while, you've probably gathered that I like to have a few different projects on the go so I can pick one that suits my mood ;)

Well, I have another project that I started this week...

It's not crochet but knitting.....

But not with wool...

It's with fabric strips....

It's a rag rug that you knit with really big needles...

And it uses up all those strips of fabrics you didn't know what to do with :)

This is my rug so far......


Mmmm...yes... I know it looks a bit rough and ready at the moment...

But it seems to be improving as it grows...

And isn't that what it's supposed to look like?!

I found the tutorial on Amanda's fabulous quilting blog, Crazy Mom Quilts.

Amanda's rug looks so beautiful and tactile :)

You can find her tutorial here.

This rug is ideal for me because I always have lots of strips and selvedges left over from my patchwork projects and I hate throwing them away! It's really satisfying recycling them into something useful like this rug :)

Looking outside, I've just noticed it's stopped raining and Chris has disappeared into the garden to continue with the dog-proofing.

The beautiful red leaves on our Pieris are just appearing.

Better take him a cup of tea....

Thank you for your lovely comments about Spencer and his new quilt last week. I love reading your comments :)
Have a lovely week.
Maggie xx

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect week, and quite productive, too! I tried crocheting a rag rug once, but I think my fabric was too stiff. I gave up. I like the look of your knitted one.

    Spencer looks dashing in his hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm excited about wearing my sun hat! It's bright turquoise! I wish I looked as cute in mine as Spencer does in his! Woof!
    Your crochet is looking glorious!
    The knit rug is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see your flowers are really coming up...love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spencer - how dashing, my doggies would so love to run around with him :) I really need to get some things on the go, I love all your projects, thank you for putting in all the links, loving the wool eater xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Spencer has grown :) Oh he looks so cute wearing that hat!!!
    - Uta

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love all the things you have on the go at the moment.. it all looks like so much fun! Sending you all my best


    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you!