Sunday 8 April 2012

Hot Cross Bun and Butter Pudding and CALs

Hope you're all having a lovely Easter...

Earlier today I made this Hot Cross Bun and Butter Pudding.....
(uncooked version)


Handy if you've overbought on the Hot Cross Buns!
It's in the oven now so I'm hoping that by the end of this post I will be able to show you the finished result :)
If you have the same 'problem' and fancied trying this recipe here it is.


This lovely Camellia is flowering for the first time in our garden.....

Isn't it a gorgeous pink?


And these tiny little daffodils....so pretty....


Spencer has discovered a new hobby.....bee watching....



I thought you might like to see how my Crochet-A-Longs are progressing...

I've started a new light green round on my-wool-eater-blanket......

Only a couple more rounds of colour and I'll be back to the aqua blue I started with.... 

and it'll be finished :)


My Granny poncho from Le Monde de Sucrette is growing very nicely. I had a feeling it would. I'm using this gorgeous random yarn from Robin.
Turquoise, aqua and purple - my favourites!!
I was given the yarn as a birthday gift from my Mum and Dad a couple of years ago. I had started knitting a jacket but didn't get very far with it so I decided to use it for my poncho. I'm really pleased with the results so far......


And now to the Granny Rose cushion...Mmmm

This is such a pretty pattern from Apple Blossom Dreams and there is an excellent video to help you.

I've struggled with the rose a bit but I have now managed to produce something that resembles a rose...



This is as far as I've got with this....just need to get the tension a bit tighter....

Once I've 'mastered' this rose though, I'm sure I will progress much quicker.



My oven is beeping - I'll just go and check on the pudd....

Gosh I'm impressed! This pudd looks and smells delicious...

I'm just giving it another 5 minutes to make sure it's golden all over...


In the meantime, take a peek at these pretty tea towels I bought in the week...

Such pretty Springtime colours...



The oven is beeping again...

This time the pudd's ready.....mmm....it really smells so delicious...


I'll just make some custard to go with it.....

Maggie xx

6 comments:

  1. You are certainly keeping busy! The flowers are so pretty, and all your needlework, too. My daughter was just talking about knitting herself a poncho to wear as a housecoat. Hope you've had a happy weekend -- it looks like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, Maggie!
    I meant to tell you before that your "wool-eater" blanket is SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, that pudding looks soooo good, there's nothing like pudding and custard! I love your poncho, the wool is gorgeous....I haven't started mine yet but I might have a look for some wool this week. Your tea towels are lovely-very Easter-y. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely Easter post! Spencer is making me laugh - he reminds me of my Golden Lab Sandy I used to own (make that clear up after!)
    The blanket is coming on well, every time I see it I want to pick up a crochet hook but I daren't as I know I won't be able to stop and I have so much to do just now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your CAL's..I think I need to join some of those along with my Craft Along Year of Projects. Do the wool eater instructions tell you the colors like yours? I want one to look like yours as I love the way the colors graduate and blend one into the next. So pretty!
    Spencer is very smart to watch the bees from a distance! Your dessert looks so yummy and custard too....I'm getting hungry now for something sweet and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you!