Saturday 25 February 2012

Cats, Fabrics, Crochet and a Ham - What more could a girl want?

This morning's bright and sunny skies have lifted me up and it's so lovely it's the weekend!

Earlier today, I noticed my neighbour's kitten (she's about 8 months old) sitting on our wall, enjoying the sunshine, watching the birds flitting to and fro. She's only been allowed outside quite recently and she looked so excited by everything that was going on around her...


Until she spotted me, that is, then she looked rather startled and backed off very slowly... like cats do....




Meanwhile Max was inside on a very comfy cushion, making the most of the sunshine that streams through the window in the morning.....


I expect he'll be there for most of the day but then he has been so busy all week ;)  ..........




I've been feeling a bit under the weather but, despite this, I've had a wonderful week spending lots of time with family and friends.

Chris and I spent a lovely day down on my parent's farm catching up on all the news, walking their black lab Shelly in the fields and feasting on delicious roast lamb followed by scrummy lemon meringue pie :)

And to top it all, my Mum and I rummaged through her fabric stash and I ended up with some lovely pieces to take home....aren't they pretty?....



I've seen both my gorgeous sisters this week - lots of chatting, lunching and cinema .....

and of course browsing and shopping...... 

I found another beautiful vintage embroidered tissue box cover....




And this pink vintage Pyrex mixing bowl - I think they call it a Cinderella bowl....I like it when things are useful and pretty!




And to further my obsesssion and ever growing collection of storage solutions, I bought these fabulous boxes.....one for me and one for Chris...... I'm sure you can guess which one is Chris' ... he was thrilled.....said the Airfix pictures took him back to his childhood ....



Earlier in the week, I popped round to one of my neighbour's one evening where three of us enjoyed an evening of crochet, sewing and chatting about everything and anything :)

Good cosy times.

And now I am halfway through my wool-eater's 12th row in golden yellow....



If I had been feeling a bit groggy, receiving this gorgeous print in the post, made me feel better instantly....so sweet...

 I had been lucky enough to win it in Julie Bull's Valentine giveaway....

Julie's work includes beautiful hand embroidered illustrations. Do check out her website here and her blog Hand Stitched Stories here.


I must have been feeling a better towards the end of the week as I cooked a ham!!

This is a real achievement for me!

With advice from my son Will and a recipe from the Hairy Bikers, my honey glazed ham actually looked similar to the one in the book!! ......

And as a bonus, it tasted very nice too ;)





Well, that's all for now.

As always, it's been lovely chatting to you.. have a wonderful weekend... I hope the sun is shining where you are.

Don't miss the next post as I have a feeling I may have some very exciting news to share with you!

Maggie xx

6 comments:

  1. This vintage bowl is gorgeous!
    I see your wool-eater is growing :) Can't wait to see the finished blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maggie, Great blog and lovely pics!! My mum has that pyrex bowl-think I may have to nab it off her!! Looking forward to next week and hearing your exciting news???? Have a great weekend Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ham! The Hairy Bikers are so funny. They motivated me to begin baking Irish soda bread.

    Love the fabrics. What wonderful ideas do you have for those?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabrics are GORGEOUS!! What have you planned for them? I too love the pyrex dish. I used to laugh at my Mum's tupperware and pyrex obsession but I'm just as bad now-lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am liking that fabric! Hmm - exciting news? Sounds intriguing! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  6. the pics of your kitty cracked me up. tooo cute. your wool-eater looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you!